Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's Been A While

     Well I didn't keep up on this blog like I should have, but I am going to try this again! The last post was about Wreck-It Ralph so I find it fitting that this post shall be   about it as well. The trailer has finally been released! Yes, it is June and the movie comes out in November. We didn't get any kind of teaser before this! This might be a good thing in the long run, bad for the fans though! Releasing a trailer for an animated movie closer to it's release will help people remember the film, anticipation will have less time to disappear! Yes, I did just say something good about Disney's marketing. The trailer looks fantastic as well. I am a big video game nut and it's nice to see how much they are truly putting into this   film; countless winks and nods to classic video games are abound. The movie looks to be fun with a great, heartwarming story along the lines of Bolt.
     
     
     Now I'm not very good at blogging by any means, but it is something I enjoy. Especially when it's about something I love dearly! A shout out to a blog Kyle's Animated World. I found his blog today and found it to be amazing. If you really want a blog covering animation, that's the place to be. Reading his blog made me want to pick mine up again! Here's a link to his blog: http://ksanimatedworld.blogspot.com/
     I will still be blogging as well, hopefully my blog can pick up a little traction. Kyle has a lot of the same views as I do on animation, the industry, where it's going, and what needs to change. One of my main concerns is that animation focuses to much on children. My dream would be to get a renewed interest in animation in adults, teenagers, and all the other non-believers. Therefore, I blog. Stay tuned for more blogs to come! This August holds a Destination D event celebrating the 75 years of Disney Animated films. if you are a Disney Animation fan, this is a dream come true. You won't want to miss it! I will be attending the event and bringing updates through the blog. You have to be a member of D23 to attend. I love being a member and all Disney fans should be! $75 for the Gold Membership and $35 for the Silver. Then tickets for the event cost $225. It's a two day event, August 11th and 12th at the Disneyland Hotel! For more information head over to D23's page at this link:  http://d23.disney.go.com/events/2012/03/19/d23s-destination-d-75-years-of-disney-animated-features/ It should be amazing! "That's All, Folks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment