Sunday, June 10, 2012

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted

     With Friday brings the release of new movies and this weekend it brought us Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted ,which I have yet to see. I work at a movie theatre and get free movies but I have to wait 10 days after they come out. So next week I shall post my thoughts and opinions on the film! Until then, to tide the time over, let us dissect the trailer and the series as a whole.


     In my opinion Madgascar 1 and 2 are great movies, particularly there humor. I really do laugh very hard and enjoy myself while watching the films. The first one stands out in my mind the most however. In the coming days I shall re-watch both films and be posting in depth reviews on them. The first one just seemed to make more sense and had a unique story and humor. While the second one was still good, I seem to remember the story lacking the magic just a little bit yet being equally as funny. Again, it's been a while so I need to re-watch them and post my full thoughts in the coming days.



  As for the trailer, it has it's ups and downs. But isn't that the case with most movie trailers? Let's start with the obvious: The Circus Afro Song. Wow. The first time I saw this trailer the song earned a little laugh from me as I was thinking "What on earth Marty?!" Upon repeat viewings of the trailer though, it began getting a little annoying. "Oh well, it's just one part of the movie. The rest looks pretty promising! A fun tale of our New York Zoo animals trying to get home with a new twist!" But then it happened. Just as the first Madagascar made the song "I Like to Move It" iimmensely popular, this movie has done it again with the Circus Afro Song. For one reason or another, kids and adults alike absolutely love this song. That's when Dreamworks Animation's marketing for the film took a turn for the worse.



     An entire trailer was dedicated to a revamped version of the song. The poster was changed from the four main characters rising from the water (seen above) to them all wearing Afros. I just feel like once they saw the Circus Afro song was a hit, more of it was added into the movie. I personally find the song annoying, but many children and adults alike find it hilarious. Not all is lost though! Madagascar 3 actually looks to be quite a great film. I think the first two movies are hilarious and this one seems to be following in there footsteps. Many moments from the trailer made me laugh pretty hard and the circus element seems great. This whole new dynamic adds many new locations and characters, which all seem to be turning out extremely nice. It looks like we have a new love interest for Alex (finally!) and some new hilarious characters such as Stefano the Sea Lion! Mort and Maurice also seem to be bringing out some great laughs in addition to our main cast. But there is more to offer! Our animal friends are also on the run from an animal control officer which should add for some other hilariously sticky situations.


     Over all I am actually quite excited to see this movie. It appears to be another great addition to a great franchise that will give me many a laugh. After this we get Brave and Ice Age 4, which both look to be equally fantastic. Again, I have concerns with both of those films based on their trailers. Brave's humor appears to be aiming at an extremely young kid audience but the story looks amazing. Ice Age 4's trailer made it seem like all the great humor is back, but the story may not be very strong. More on those in a later post! For the next week or two it's going to be all about Madgascar! Keep coming back for reviews on all three Madagascar films as well as a status report on all upcoming animated films! Until then, "Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave..."


No comments:

Post a Comment